source link Pumpkin Dill Seed Soup is my mom’s one of the most popular delicious dishes. Whenever we have guests at our place mom prefers serving them this soup and they all love it. The soup’s been so popular among everyone that each and every guest has called back the next day asking for the recipe. So here it is made public for everyone to try and enjoy.
|image credits: denmark.dk|
500gms Red(Orange) Pumpkin
2 Big Onions
3-4 Garlic cloves
1/2 cup finely chopped Dill seed leaves
1 tbsp butter
4 Cups water
Chopped dill seed leaves, spring onions, fresh cream
1. Chop pumpkin, gourd, carrot, onions, tomatoes and garlic into small pieces
2. Add butter in the vessel and heat till it melts. Add onion, garlic and saute till they turn golden. After that add tomatoes and saute again.
3. Now add pumpkin, gourd and carrot pieces. Mix it with 4 cups of water.
4. Place the entire mixture in the pressure cooker and cook it nicely.
5. Once it’s cooked, let it cool down and then blend it in a mixer.
6. Sieve it with a strainer. Add a little water if it’s very thick.
7. Now add salt, pepper, a little lemon juice and sugar(if needed). Mix well. Your soup is now ready to be served.
8. Serve hot.
Sprinkle some spring onion and dill seed leaves. Make a nice design with 2-3 tbsp of fresh cream. You can add grated cheese too if you like.
Bread sticks and garlic breads can be served as accompaniments.