- 1 1/2 cups American corn kernels
- 2 medium Potatoes,boiled, peeled and crushed
- 4-5 medium Tomatoes,blanched and peeled
- 2 medium Onion ,roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons + for shallow frying Oil
- 2 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Green chillies, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons Red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander seeds
- 2 Dried red chillies,broken
- 1 teaspoon Dried mango powder
- 4 teaspoons Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Jaggery (gur),chopped
- 150 grams Cottage Cheese,grated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons + for dusting Corn flour
- 8 tablespoons grated processed cheese
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Fresh mint leaves
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Add 1 tsp cumin seeds and sauté for a minute.
2. Add green chillies and mix. Add corn kernels, salt, turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder and 1 tsp coriander powder. Mix well and cook till corn is soft.
3. Mash the corn with a masher.
4. Heat 1½ tbsps oil in another non-stick pan. Add coriander seeds, remaining cumin seeds, red chillies, onions and sauté till onion is golden.
5. Cook mashed corn with dried mango powder till dry in another non-stick pan.
6. Roughly chop tomatoes and add to onions. Toss well and add remaining red chilli powder, remaining coriander powder, salt, vinegar and jaggery. Mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes or till thick and a chutney consistency is reached.
7. Remove corn mixture from heat and cool to room temperature.
8. Finely chop coriander and mint sprigs together and place in a bowl. Add potatoes, cottage cheese and cooled corn mixture. Mix well and add 2½ tbsps cornflour and mix well.
9. Dust your palms with little cornflour and divide the corn mixture into 8 equal portions. Stuff each portion with 1 tbsp grated cheese and shape into a medium size tikki dusting with cornflour.
10. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Place tikkis on it and shallow-fry till evenly golden from both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
11. Garnish tikkis with coriander and serve hot with tomato chutney.
– See more at: http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Corn-Tikki-with-Khatti-Meethi-Tamatar-ki-Chutney-FoodFood.aspx#sthash.IjJsVggZ.dpuf