go here INGREDIENT – DATE ( KHAJOOR )
go to site DESCRIPTION
Dates, popularly called ( click Khajoor/ Khajur) in Hindi, ‘Kharjuramu‘ in Telugu, ‘Pericham pazham‘ in Tamil, ‘Eenthapazham‘ in Malayalam, ‘Kharjoora‘ in Kannada, ‘Khejoor‘ in Bengali, ‘Khajur‘ in Gujarati and ‘Kharik‘ in Marathi. Dates are eaten as a regular dry fruit by most of the people. They are a very rich source of vitamins and minerals and are very beneficial for the body. People in the Middle East and the Indus Valley used to consume dates as a staple food. It’s a miracle fruit that does us tons of good. Keeping this in mind, it is important to try and promote the consumption of dates on a frequent basis.(stylecraze)
Dates are a good source of various vitamins and minerals. Its a good source of energy, sugar and fiber. Essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and zinc are found in dates. It also contains vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A and vitamin K.(organicfacts)
HERE ARE ONLY A FEW OF THE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT DATES REGULARLY:
1. Lowers cholesterol: Did you know that dates are free from cholesterol, and contain very little fat? Including them in smaller quantities in your daily diet can help you keep a check on cholesterol level, and even assist in weight loss.
2. Protein rich: Dates are a strong source for proteins that help us in staying fit, and even keep our muscles strong. A lot of regular gym goers are asked to eat a couple of dates every day as part of their daily routine.
3. Rich in vitamins: Dates contain vitamins such as B1, B2, B3 and B5, as well as A1 and C. If you have a few dates every day, you won’t have to take vitamin supplements. Not only will it keep you healthy, there will be a noticeable change in your energy levels as well because dates contain natural sugars such as glucose, sucrose, and fructose, too. So it works really well as a quick snack.
4. Improves bone health: Dates are rich in selenium, manganese, copper, and magnesium, and all of these are required when it comes to keeping our bones healthy, and preventing conditions such as osteoporosis.
5. Strengthens the nervous system: Date are loaded with potassium, and yet contain little sodium, and that goes a long way in keeping your nervous system in order. The potassium helps to reduce cholesterol, and keeps the risk of a stroke in check.
6. Rich in iron: Apart from the fluorine that keeps your teeth healthy, dates also contain iron, which is highly recommended for those who suffer from iron deficiency. Plus it’s great for blood purification as well.
8. Improves skin: The vitamins C and D works on your skin’s elasticity, and also keeps your skin smooth. Plus, if you suffer from skin problems, incorporating dates into your diet might help you in the long run. Plus dates also come with anti-ageing benefits, and prevent the accumulation of melanin in your body.
9. Fixes hangovers: While we haven’t exactly tried it out, but it’s said that dates are an excellent way to control inebriation. And similarly, it also helps to cure hangovers. But for best results, you have to rub the skin a bit, and soak it in water overnight and then eat it.
10. Assists in weight gain: The sugar, proteins, and other vitamins in the fruit help in weight gain, especially when you need it. Incidentally, it’s said that when eaten withcucumber, dates help to keep your weight at a normal level. Now that’s what we call flexibility!
HERE ARE SOME DELICIOUS RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE WITH DATE FRUIT :
Image Credit ( livestrong )